My husband and I have a tendency to move into homes that 1. need ALOT of love and 2. still have things in them from the previous occupants. I’ve gotten an ironing board, some rather dashing furniture, and a really cool old radio-just to name a few. I’ve also gotten a lot of junk and I mean junk. Some of it even I couldn’t find a use for! The bulk of the items are usually left in the basement or garage (sometimes in the attic eaves, but that’s a different story). My husband, coming from a long line of proud pack rats, doesn’t get rid of these items! I diligently go through the closets and rooms of the house and host a ginormous yard sale…he just moves his junk in with the leftovers so that no one is lonely. This time, though, I benefited from his genetics!
Behold…my sales counter!
This was in the garage corner covered with tools and dust. The dust remains for now, but consider this the BEFORE picture. My plans include but are not limited to:
- a new pane of glass for the right window
- paint for the dark gray wooden panels below each window
- new wooden walls for the corner spot (that brown, rust color you see is actually peeling laminate)
- baseboard trim (I just made that name up…I don’t know what to call the area between the dark gray wooden panels and the floor)
- as much shine and repair as I can manage for the metal trim
The counter top needs some love, but I’m not sure how that’s going to be handled. It might be in the next round of improvements.
Is this your first visit to the Barn? Welcome and come on in. Take a look at the About Page to get to know me better. Watch the progress of the Barn and keep a look out for an upcoming sale. We’d love for you to stop by!