a different kind of list
This ones a marketing list…strange coming from Portage Trail Barn, but alas, we are but a baby in the business world and we need to grow up a little. We want to be a part of our community and help to make it stronger. This list helps clarify just how we can accomplish that!
How does a small business become known in its community?
- Word of Mouth
- Print Advertisements
- Radio Advertisements
- Facebook, Twitter
- Maintain a blog (hey I should try that one…)
- Email List
- Community Boards
- Sponsor a community event
- Host an event
- Participate in school career night
- Portage Trail Barn road signs
- Become active in relevant groups (Stitch n’ Bitch, Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Association)
- Welcome consignment agreements thereby meeting other crafters and artists, thereby bringing their friends, family, and clientele into Portage Trail Barn
- Giveaways, contests, freebies
What else can be done? How do you find out about your favorite small businesses? How do you stay in touch? What would you like to see Portage Trail Barn do to become better known and more involved in the community?
Let me know!