Not sure if you’re a good fit at the Barn?
- We support small business
- We support local crafters and artists
- We look for creative, unique, traditional and practical items for kids, adults, families, homes, gardens, and gifts
- We love things made out of repurposed materials and do not support wasteful crafting
- We do not do drama
Come to a sale, like us on Facebook, follow the blog, and give applying for a sale a try. You never know until you try!
Before each sale we email past vendors, post on the blog, and ask on Facebook for anyone interested in being a vendor to email PortageTrailBarn@gmail.com
Email should include-
1. Name, business name
2. Address, phone number, email and website
3. Describe the items you make, how many of each kind you plan on providing for the sale, and a price for each kind of item.
4. Include two high quality photographs of an example of your work. This could be used in promoting the sales.
Portage Trail Barn –
- will choose the number and type of items based on our complete current inventory
- is open to suggestions for displaying, but will display items as we see fit
- photos could be used on the blog and Facebook to promote you, your business, and the sale
- a group drop off date, usually a week before the sale, will be announced as soon as you become an approved vendor
- alternative drop off dates can be scheduled if necessary
- Portage Trail Barn will make a list of items, cost, and quantity at drop off for our records
- if you require a list for your inventory please make one before the drop off
- bring items in a hard plastic container large enough for everything to fit inside (obvious exclusions are made for large items)
- label the plastic container with your name to ensure you get it back
Pricing and Tagging-
- must be tagged or marked and priced prior to drop off
- vendor fees are discussed one on one
- NOT required to be present at any of the sale hours
- pass out flyers, promote on Facebook and blogs, invite friends and family to shop the sale